From CMS on August 26
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently announced the following implementation dates for all remaining states and territories for the nationwide expansion of the Repetitive, Scheduled Non-Emergent Ambulance Transport (RSNAT) Prior Authorization Model. The model will begin:
- On December 1, 2021 in Arkansas, Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas;
- No earlier than February 1, 2022 in Alabama, American Samoa, California, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Nevada, Northern Mariana Islands and Tennessee;
- No earlier than April 1, 2022 in Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Puerto Rico, Wisconsin, and U.S. Virgin Islands;
- No earlier than June 1, 2022 in Connecticut, Indiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont; and
- No earlier than August 1, 2022 in Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Kentucky, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
Please continue to check this website and with your Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) for upcoming educational opportunities. For additional information on the prior authorization process, please refer to the Operational Guide and Frequently Asked Questions in the Download section below.